Air Permits & Compliance Support
SC&A staff are expert in a wide range of environmental laws and pollution control
devices. Services include:
- Inventories of air pollutant and
greenhouse gas emissions
- Air permit applications
- Monitoring, recordkeeping, and reporting
plans for air pollution and
greenhouse gas regulatory programs
- Air emissions modeling and control technology
cost effectiveness analysis
- Training in environmental compliance programs
- Integrating policies and procedures with environmental
laws, regulations, and standards
- For the U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE’s) Office
of Environmental Policy and Assistance, SC&A helps track
and respond to U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
regulatory and policy initiatives related to the Clean Air
Act and other environmental laws.
- For our clients nationwide, SC&A provides air regulatory
updates and assists in compliance with continuously evolving
- For the Ohio Environmental Education Fund, SC&A developed
and presented a training program on the U.S. greenhouse gas
reporting rule that received an Honorable Mention from the Ohio
EPA for outreach programs to the regulated community.
- For EPA, SC&A ran the Indoor Air Quality Information
Clearinghouse, including operating a toll-free hotline, handling
up to 3,000 phone and email inquiries per month, and developing a
database to track caller information.
- For a private client, SC&A analyzed and audited oil and gas
operations to assess greenhouse gas emissions and determine the
applicability of air permit and air compliance requirements.