SC&A develops and delivers computer-based and in-person training courses and
materials on emergency preparedness and response concepts and procedures. Our
- Researching and developing course content
- Preparing course materials, including e-learning modules, slides,
- Delivering courses in person or online
- For the EPA Radiological Emergency Response Team, SC&A
developed an e-learning orientation course for new members and
prepared training presentations on changes in response plans and roles.
- For EPA, SC&A supported the development, conduct, and
evaluation of two 4-hour workshops on revisions to the Protective
Action Guide Manual. The workshops described the updates in the
revision and gave a refresher on how to use the manual.
- For the Society of American Military Engineers, the New Jersey
Emergency Planning Association, and police chiefs in New York State,
SC&A developed and provided pro bono first responders awareness
training for nuclear incidents.
- For CDC, SC&A conducted focus groups and helped develop
materials to improve the ability of health professionals to respond to
a terrorist incident involving radioactive materials.
- For CDC, SC&A provided subject matter experts to develop new
training materials—including a satellite broadcast—on radiological and
nuclear terrorism for use by public health workers.