SC&A helps federal, state, and local governments and others practice using
emergency response policies, plans, and procedures. We have helped develop and
implement small-scale tabletop drills to full-field exercises, on topics
including policy decisionmaking, interagency coordination, implementing
calculation methodology, and use of special equipment. Our services include:
- Developing exercise scenarios and injects
- Preparing player, controller, and evaluator documents
- Running and evaluating drills and exercises
- Facilitating hot wash meetings
- Preparing after-action reports to evaluate lessons learned
- For FEMA and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, SC&A
provided qualified evaluators for many emergency response exercises
at nuclear power plants.
- For the EPA Radiological Emergency Response Team, SC&A planned,
implemented, and analyzed training events, drills, and exercises to
prepare members for a radiological emergency.
- For the Northern Virginia Emergency Response System, SC&A
provided subject matter expertise for a tabletop exercise.