SC&A supports all aspects of National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA)
implementation. Drawing on more than 20 years of experience, we:
- Prepare and review environmental impact statements (EISs),
supplemental EISs, and environmental assessments (EAs)
- Review any NEPA topic, including climate change,
environmental justice, seismology, wind turbine installation,
and nuclear waste disposal
- Develop draft EISs for nuclear power plant combined licenses
- Develop methodologies for EIS reviews
- Prepare policies and procedures for complying with all
NEPA environmental laws and regulations
- Provide training on NEPA compliance and review
- Perform NEPA compliance audits
- Support consultation with Indian tribes under
Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act
- For the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC),
Department of Energy (DOE), Environmental Protection Agency
(EPA), and Department of the Interior, SC&A prepares and
reviews EISs, supplemental EISs, and EAs.
- For the NRC Office of New Reactors, SC&A conducts
safety and environmental reviews of the AP1000 and
US-APWR reactor designs.
- For the NRC Division of Waste Management and Environmental
Protection, SC&A supports NEPA efforts related to fuel cycle facilities.
- For DOE’s Office of NEPA Policy and Compliance, SC&A assists
in preparing NEPA policy, guidance, and Lessons Learned Quarterly
Report and in reviewing NEPA documents.
- For EPA, SC&A developed a methodology to facilitate EPA
reviews of NRC EISs for nuclear power plants.