Nuclear Licensing & Radiological Analysis
SC&A’s nuclear licensing and regulatory specialists
provide technical support for nuclear power plants and nuclear
fuel cycle facilities:
- Nuclear facility licensing and license renewal
- Combined license applications
- Licensing-related safety and environmental evaluations
- Regulatory analysis of proposed regulations
- Development of inspections, tests, analyses, and acceptance criteria (ITAAC)
- Development of regulatory environmental standards
- For the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC), SC&A
evaluates the impacts of reduced radiation dose limits.
- For the NRC, SC&A provided licensing support for more than
10 new nuclear plants nationwide.
- For the NRC, SC&A helped prepare the generic environmental
statement to support rulemaking on radiological criteria for
decommissioning of nuclear facilities.
- For the NRC Region II Division of Construction Inspection,
SC&A develops ITAAC family inspection strategy (IFIS) documents
for the AP1000 and advanced boiling-water reactors.
- For the U.S. Department of Energy, SC&A assessed the contribution
of regulations on the capital costs of nuclear power plants.
- For Bechtel Power, SC&A helped develop combined license
applications for four nuclear power plants.
- For the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, SC&A helped
develop environmental standards for radioactive waste disposal at
Yucca Mountain and the Waste Isolation Pilot Plant.