Compliance, QA, Liability, & Due Diligence Reviews
SC&A experts address environmental compliance and quality
assurance questions related to radiation and the environment.
Our services for private and government clients include:
- Audits for compliance
with environmental, health, and safety regulations
- Assessing environmental management systems,
including for ISO 14001 compliance
- Reviews of quality control and assurance systems
- Liability reviews of offsite material and
waste management facilities
- Due diligence on the environmental liabilities of
mergers and acquisitions
- For CHWMEG, a nonprofit trade association comprising
manufacturing and other industrial companies, SC&A has
performed 123 reviews of commercial facilities that treat,
store, dispose, recycle, or transport waste. Our reviews
have included facilities in the United States, Canada,
Guatemala, Italy, Poland, Russia, Turkey, and the Ukraine.
- For a contractor of the Defense Logistics Agency, SC&A
audited distribution depots to determine compliance with
license, permit, safety, and other regulatory requirements.
- For the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Office of River
Protection (ORP), SC&A performed a liability review of the
222-S Laboratory at DOE’s Hanford Site that DOE needed to
transfer the lab from the Richland Office to the ORP.
- For a prime contractor of the Defense Threat Reduction
Agency Nuclear Test Personnel Review Program, SC&A performed
a program and gap analysis of the quality management program
to address compliance with ISO 9001.
- For the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, SC&A
reviewed the quality assurance programs associated with the
entities affiliated with the Waste Isolation Pilot Plant.
- For the EPA, SC&A inspects, characterizes, and approves
transuranic wastes from DOE sites for placement in the Waste
Isolation Pilot Plant.